An expert on telecommunications, unified communications, public switched telephone network (PSTN) architecture and circuit switching, Dr. Lavian also commands an intimate understanding of Internet protocols and how to integrate them into the PSTN via IP telephony—a backbone of unified communications. He draws on decades of academic and hands-on experience designing and implementing unified communications solutions using:
In recent years, with support from UC Berkeley’s SkyDeck startup accelerator, Dr. Lavian has led a development team innovating a mobile app and backend architecture that converts interactive voice response (IVR) into a Google-like cloud-based search experience. This solution is based on PBX call control and patented IVR crawling using Asterisk, SIP, and VoIP.
Indeed, by combining scholarly and industrial expertise in network communications, routing and switching, Internet and cloud computing and mobile wireless Dr. Lavian brings robust qualifications for analyzing and reviewing the technical aspects of unified communications for patent validity and infringement.
Select Law Firm Clients(re: unified communications cases)
Select Corporate Retainer Clients (re: unified communications cases)
Selected Patents in the Field of Unified Communications
In addition to his research and development work Dr. Lavian is also listed as an inventor of 120 patents A few of the patents in the field of unified communications are listed below:
- US 8,903,073: Systems and methods for visual presentation and selection of IVR menu
- US 8,880,120: Device and method for providing enhanced telephony
- US 8,879,703: System method and device for providing tailored services when a call is on-hold
- US 8,879,698: Device and method for providing enhanced telephony
- US 8,548,131: Systems and methods for communicating with an interactive voice response system
- US 8,681,951: Systems and methods for visual presentation and selection of IVR menu
- US 20050076099: Method and Apparatus for Live Streaming Media Replication in a Communication Network
Selected Scientific Publications and Presentations on Unified Communications
Dr. Lavian provides expert witness services to his clients in the area of unified communications.